Popular Posts

Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Dreaded Engine Light

Hey Everybody, guess what? It's that time of year again!

That's right, it's now time to get me a smog check, and my check engine light is on. The dude at the auto place next to K-Mart said I couldn't get a smog check till I got my light fixed, so I went to Firestone to get an oil change and tire rotation for $15 (thank you, coupon!) After waiting for FIVE hours to get my oil and tires done, I went to pick up my car only to find that not only was the light still on, but I had to replace my two front tires, fix the axle, and a whole bunch of other junk that would cost me an arm and leg. They also couldn't do the tire rotation because I need new tires.

I am an independent college student. I cannot afford this crap. Tuzki Bunny Emoticon

So today I frantically searched the interwebs in the hope that I could get FREE stuff done to my car. Autozoze resets your check engine light for free! I went to the one by my place and was told something dreadful. "Sorry, we don't do check engine stuff in California. Try AAMCO. They'll do it for $50."

Tuzki Bunny Emoticon

So now, I am just going to do what I should've done in the first place and get all my stuff done at Lam's Auto Garage in Montery Park. He's an old buddy of the family so I get discounts!

Dammit California, what is your issue with people and driving?

1 comment: